14 Nov Praise to God for a Great Week!
I am extraordinarily thankful for the week I was able to spend in Medellin, Colombia with the Reformed Seminary of Latin America (Seminario Reformado Latinoamericano or SRL). Last Tuesday through Friday I had the privilege of teaching on the Doctrine of Christ to 15 students from Colombia, Bolivia, and Venezuela (with a guest a couple of times from Ecuador). I was very encouraged by my time there. The Lord was gracious to answer many prayers. Here are a few highlights:
• The students were VERY excited about the books HLPC folk were able to provide. It was a treat to give them these gifts and they were thankful.
• The students of SRL are very bright and hard working. I was impressed with their theological and Biblical knowledge. SRL is doing a great job.
• Another note about the students- they were gracious, warm, and a lot of fun. I was struck by how young they were. This trip took me back to my RUF days.
• I am very glad to report that I felt great all week. My last trip to Colombia with SRL two years ago ended with me feeling a bit under the weather, but God spared me any sickness.
• I came back with a renewed vision for the work of SRL. God is using SRL to bring the Reformation to Latin America by equipping indigenous pastors who will serve a lifetime there. I am glad HLPC is involved in this work.
Thank you again for praying for me last week. God answered many prayers. On Sunday, November 25th, I would like to give a full report on my trip during the School of Discipleship as well as share some pictures