Please submit a Volunteer Application for working with Nursery, Children and Youth ministries.
At HLPC we offer School of Discipleship classes for all ages on Sunday mornings at 9:15AM. We joyfully utilize the wonderful “Show Me Jesus” curriculum (www.gcp.org). We desire to act as a covenant family to help bring up the children of HLPC “in the nurture and admonition of the Lord”. Children and their families are encouraged to be a part of our Family Story Time on Wednesdays and Grace Notes, a kids’ choir.
At Houston Lake Presbyterian Church we are pleased to offer Nursery for children ages birth-3 on Sundays for School of Discipleship and worship. For your child’s safety all of our Nursery workers have completed a background check. Please let our staff know if your child has any special needs and leave your number with the nursery workers so they may contact you if necessary. There is also a crying room located in the back of the worship auditorium for parents to utilize during the service. For more information about our nursery, please call the church office or see our Nursery Coordinator Jessica Fuqua at the check in table on Sunday mornings.
Children’s Ministries at HLPC:
- School of Discipleship: HLPC offers Sunday school classes for children 2 years of age through 6th grade using Great Commissions Publications’ “Show Me Jesus” curriculum. https://www.gcp.org
- Teach Me to Worship: During the sermon portion of the worship service, children 4 years through second grade are dismissed to participate in “worship training.” The Teach Me to Worship program presents and explains common elements of worship that the universal church has used throughout the ages. teachmetoworship.com
- Pray for Me Campaign: The Pray for Me Campaign is designed to help more adults get to know and care for our covenant children and teens. The plan is simply to help every child and teen connected with the Church to have one to three adults from various generations praying for him as a prayer champion for the school year. prayformecampaign.com
- Vacation Bible School: HLPC has a one-week Vacation Bible School in June for children kindergarten through sixth grade using Answers in Genesis VBS curriculum.
- Trail Life: HLPC sponsors a Trail Life troop. Trail Life is a Church-based, Christ-Centered, Boy-focused mentoring and discipleship scouting organization. https://www.traillifeusa.com
Please visit our youth ministry page.
We have a variety of opportunities for ministry and fellowship:
- Women of the Word Studies: Thursday mornings at 9:15, childcare provided, as well as Wednesday evening at 6:30
- Men’s Studies: Friday at 7 am at the church. Contact the church office for more info.
Our “more mature” crowd meets the last Thursday of every month for lunch at the church and has a variety of ministry and fellowship events they enjoy together.
Singles and young marrieds meet the twice a month during the week for study and fellowship.